Our state goes big for July 4:
• Lake Chatuge Boat Parade, July 2 – Boats parade past the Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds.
• Blue Ridge Scenic Railroad Fireworks Train – Fireworks during 2-hour layover of 4-hour train ride.
• Callaway Gardens and Resort Star-Spangled Beach Party, July 1-4 – Nightly fireworks, family activities on Robin Lake Beach.
• Savannah’s Waterfront Independence Day Celebration, July 2-4 – Live entertainment, dinner and drink specials, arts and crafts fair, fireworks.
• St. Mary’s Independence Day Festival, July 4 – 5K, 10K and Kids’ Runs, arts and crafts festival, parade and fireworks.
• St. Simons Fourth of July Celebration – Arts and crafts, fun runs, fireworks.
– Margaret Willard, The Georgia 100